This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer
- Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the Board of Registered Nursing.Graduation
- Current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State of California.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certificate.
- Furnishing number issued by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
The Mark Twain Healthcare District is now hiring front and back office Medical Assistants (MA) to work full-time in our new outpatient Valley Springs Health & Wellness Center. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of an innovative team, providing improved access, health and wellness for our customers and our community.
The Medical Assistant performs administrative, clerical and clinical duties under the direction of the Medical Staff and under the supervision of the RN and Clinic Manager. As a member of the health care team, the front office MA performs duties in their capacity for the care of patients in a primary care outpatient clinic, including:
- Greet patients in a courteous manner and explain clinic proceduresGreet pat
- Direct calls to appropriate individuals and departments
- Verify insurance and collect payments
- Make individual appointments as requested by the patients and as schedules will allow
- Receive patients and accompany them to vital sign area or treatment room
- Accurately charts patient problems using electronic health records system
- Take vitals, measurements
- Maintain an empathetic and courteous attitude toward patients and patient visitors
- Work effectively under stress or in emergency situations
- Clean rooms and equipment after each examination and prepare for next patient following appropriate infection control techniques
- Review the visit notes and identify items for action
- Perform CLIA lab tests
- Prep exam rooms for providers and patients
QUALIFICATIONThe ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic, positive outlook, professional attitude and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Certificate from an accredited vocational school or college; AND High School Diploma or GEDMedical Assistant
- Two (2) years' experience working as a Medical Assistant in a Family Practice setting preferred
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Protect patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA rules and regulations
- Experience with all ages, including pediatrics preferred
- Phlebotomy/lab experience preferred
- Prior experience as a Medical Receptionist and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle high call volume
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with electronic health records
- Experience with Medi-Cal, Medicare and other insurance plans preferred
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
To apply, please email a cover letter and a resume.
Or please submit via fax at 1(209) 754-2537. Please no phone inquiries or drop-ins.
This position requires walking, standing, and sitting for prolonged periods of time; stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching; pushing, pulling and lifting up to 30 pounds; raising objects overhead; manual dexterity for operation of computer, phones and small office machines; hearing, talking, and good verbal and written communication skills; repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, and fingers. This position requires the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Employment is contingent on passing post-offer physical (including TB test), background check and drug testing.
STUDENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM COORDINATOR